Pump EngineerKey activities and responsibilities:
- Works with EES Motor, Pump, Fan Leader, EES Integrators and Platform Integrators to design, develop and deliver pump solutions into platforms.
- Translate technical / sub-system targets into module / component targets.
- Drives component / module trade-offs to achieve optimum performance vs cost vs schedule
- Project management of project(s) including FMEA, DVP&R, project schedule, risk mitigation plan, supplier coordination, etc.
- Owns test-to- learn and test-to- fail processes, data collection and analysis of results.
- Aligns current capability of architecture, supply base, manufacturing and customer solutions to attibute targets (Project KPIs). Determines which current architectures, supply base, manufacturing, customer solutions are capable of meeting attribute targets with current knowledge, or, if not capable, identify knowledge gaps and plan to resolve.
- Support both test-to- learn and test-to- fail methodologies to ensure data capture and reuse appropriate for state of project.
- Accountable for creation of libraries, capture and reuse of knowledge.
Develops and integrates pump solutions into platforms to achieve attribute and product performance targets.
End-to- end accountability of delivery of pump assembly solutions into platforms. This includes translation of requirements, identifying solutions, working with selected suppliers, validating at component level, integrating into platform and validating at system level and post launch platform maintenance as required.
Identify and drive global leverage of pump solutions.
Contribution to pump technology roadmap - both inputs and outputs.
Requirements- Electrical or Mechanical engineering degree, advanced engineering degree helpful
- Proficiency with FMEA, DVP&R, Lean PD, OPEX, A3s
- Project Management competency
- Ability to work cross-functionally and globally