Principal Solutions Engineer
Solutions Engineers are responsible for building the world-class demos that help drive Pega sales and differentiate our solutions from our competitors. Solutions Engineers also help Solutions Consultants customize and extend existing demos, answer technical questions from the field and build and maintain reusable assets and applications shared by the 200+ Solutions Consulting organisation worldwide.
Take a look at what our office is like in Krakow
The team is responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining standard demos based on Pega technology and associated horizontal and vertical applications, and further customizing these to specific prospective customer requirements (typically offsite),
- Leading short “Proof of Concept” engagements at customer sites to investigate the viability of implementing Pega solutions within a prospective customer’s existing technical environment. (typically onsite),
- Technical investigations involving building working prototypes that demonstrate Pega technology interacting with other standard technologies,
- Conducting technical workshops, walk through and presentations with customers,
- Developing innovative new uses for Pega technology and feeding these back into the product.
The role is part of the global Sales Engineering group which consists of on and off shore resources supporting teams across the Americas, EMEA, and APAC.
The role also provides the opportunity to collaborate directly with Solutions Consultants, Account Executives, Pega Architects, the Industry Applications groups, and Product Management/Engineering.
The role will also involve frequent face-to-face contact with customers and partners and requires the ability to explain and evangelize technical concepts and designs to IT personnel. You can expect to achieve Pega certification in the course of fulfilling this role. In addition, the position also offers the opportunity to develop along a number of career paths, including Solutions Consultant, Enterprise Architect, Solutions Engineering Fellow or management tracks.
The principal role requires proven ability to lead large and small global teams from different groups, being internal or external to Pega. Building relationships with the product management and engineering teams are critical to pushing the limits and influencing direction of the product. Principal Solutions Engineers must build confidence of Solutions Consultants, Pega Consulting, Product Managers/Engineers and customers with whom they are working.
This role requires the ability to think and code fast, work under tight deadlines, in stressful situations and changing circumstances. It will appeal to someone who likes playing with new technologies and pushing their limits, who prefers agile development methodologies to a more slow paced and structured development, but is nonetheless mindful of good software development patterns and practices.
Likely candidates are driven, self-reliant individual, with a keen attention to detail, vision and operational excellence. They can help support a business day to day, while always looking at the road ahead and big picture. They are helpful and eager to lead and work as a team.
Ideally we are looking for:
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of experience in analysis, design, development, and application deployment of enterprise application systems
- Experience in JAVA, J2EE and / or .NET technologies
- Experience in database design, SQL, XML, integration (e.g. JMS, web services, etc.)
- Ability to understand complex data relationships and rules-based systems
- Strong interest and desire to learn CRM, BPM, AI, Cloud, Mobile, Robotic Automation and DevOps concepts and development in Pega
- Strong interest in model-driven architectures
- Fluent English (+ French, German, Russian, Dutch or Italian is a definite plus)
It will be great if you are familiar with:
- CRM, BPM, Business Rules Engines, DevOps, Cloud, Mobile, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics or Analytics technologies
- Application servers such as WebSphere, Oracle WebLogic or Tomcat (installation and configuration)
What are key role-based competencies?
- Demonstrable project management experience, with the ability to influence and deliver through others
- Clearly and comfortably delegates both routine and important tasks and decisions
- Able to build high performance teams and proactively addresses potential barriers to delivery success
- Ability to analyse, identify and solve problems
- Exhibit a commitment to continuous learning and development
- Meet aggressive deadlines and handle the pressure associated with it
- Adaptable to frequent change
- Ability to quickly develop a deep knowledge of the Pega platform as well as Pega’s horizontal and industry applications
- Assert own perspective on complex issues and varies tactics &style to influence & persuade others
- Sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress and results; designs feedback loops into work
- Strong understanding of the wider technical environment and the implications of design decisions
- Drive and teach clients, partners and teammates
- Develops relationships with internal and external clients to further the organisation
- A rapidly growing yet well-established business
- The world’s most innovative organisations as reference-able clients
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market
- Excellent growth opportunities, both lateral and vertical
- A fast-paced, exciting, collaborative, and rewarding sales environment within innovative industries. You will be part of a global team working with a team of highly knowledgeable people in North America, EMEA and APAC, and which is well recognized in the business for excellence
- The opportunity to make a tangible impact on the most innovative and world’s market-leading organisations and provide technical thought leadership to help them solve their business and technical challenges
- Attractive salary and package (Medical Care, Group Insurance, Multisport Card/Membership in Pure, English lessons)
- Feeling the power of social spirit – we support many team and sports initiatives and have a chill room