Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. In today’s increasingly uncertain global business environment, Marsh helps clients to thrive and survive. Marsh is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital.
The Tax Consultant will apply corporate tax and accounting concepts to prepare U. S. direct and indirect tax returns for MMC entities operating around the world. The consultant’s work will cover a variety of US tax types, using a range of tax systems, with supporting workpapers prepared in Excel. The Tax Consultant will be continuously trained to perform the work by experienced team based in Warsaw or US office (no previous experience with US tax reporting is required). Working across diverse tax processes within Marsh & McLennan’s Shared Service Center will provide cross-training opportunities for a motivated professional interested in pursuing a career in taxation of multinational enterprises.
Duties may include working with financial data in tax systems to determine tax liabilities in collaboration with US Tax headquarters, using tax workflow and document management systems, monitoring global tax legislation, maintaining legal entity master data, coordinating tax reporting with MMC global controllers, and developing and updating tax processes and procedures documentation for the SSC. The Tax Consultant must be able to work with minimal supervision by consistent application of MMC practice and procedures.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare state and local indirect and direct tax returns, estimated tax calculations, and related payment requisitions
- Assist U. S. tax headquarters in responding to inquiries from U.S. authorities by e.g. collecting data and documents from various tax systems and reports
- Prepare U.S. information tax returns for non-US entities (U.S. Forms 5471, 8858, 8865)
- Monitor and report on current and proposed, US and foreign, tax law changes using online research tools
- Review and further analyze information prepared by Finance or MMC US Corporate Tax Headquarters
- Use online tax research tools as needed in preparing tax returns
- Follow up with regional and local non US controllers to ensure timely filing of quarterly and annual deliverables to MMC Tax international tax group
- Maintain legal entity master data, prepare tax residence certificates to secure tax treaty benefits for the Company
- Assist U.S. tax headquarters in developing and updating SSC processes and documentation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Education: At least a Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, or Tax
Experience: 1-3 years in tax, finance or accounting, working in a BPO or shared service center will be an advantage; prior corporate tax compliance is a strong plus
- Fluent in English with strong speaking and writing skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office especially Excel (formulas and data analysis)
- Eagerness to collaborate in a professional tax team, and to develop proficiency in multiple areas of taxation
- Critical thinking and problem solving; initiative and persistence to pursue problems to resolution
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Work in a people-oriented team with dynamic colleagues and leaders who are committed to exceeding the high standards set by our clients and by ourselves
- Development within a growing company
- Competitive salary based on employment contract
- Attractive benefits package (including private health care, sports card, life insurance, lunch card, language courses)
- A-class office building facilities near to Rondo Daszynskiego metro station
To apply, please use "Aplikuj Teraz" button.
Please include the following statement: „Zgodnie z art. 24 ust. 1 ustawy z dnia 29 sierpnia 1997 r. o ochronie danych osobowych (Dz. U. z 2014 r. poz. 1182 z późn.. zm.) informuję, iż administratorem danych osobowych przekazanych w dokumentach aplikacyjnych przez Panią/Pana dobrowolnie w celu przeprowadzenia rekrutacji jest Marsh Sp. z o.o. z siedzibą w Warszawie (00-807), przy Alejach Jerozolimskich 98. Dane osobowe mogą zostać udostępnione wyłącznie podmiotom upoważnionym na podstawie przepisów prawa. Posiada Pani/Pan prawo dostępu do treści swoich danych oraz ich poprawiania.”