What if you were given the opportunity to make a difference? It`s time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities! This is your opportunity to be a part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history while creating future success. We are an established and expanding Global Business Services Center in Krakow. Thanks to our engaged employees and operational excellence we provide advanced services in the areas of Finance, IT, Global Sourcing, Supply Chain and Global Customer Service. You have the opportunity to contribute your unique talents as you develop a rewarding career and learn from experts in our diverse and international work environment.
You will support the local Finance Teams of the respective entities in conducting General Ledger reconciliation activities and some Month End close activities. The role would also provide exposure to Management and opportunities to interact with all other finance related departments both centrally and in the local teams.
If you are an accountant with some theoretical knowledge and some practical experience, the role offers exposure to the general ledger starting with primarily gaining a full understanding of the Balance Sheet, with potential opportunities to learn all aspects of Month End closing and General ledger Accounting. The role gives great opportunity to develop knowledge and practical skills on a path to senior position in finance (e.g. Senior Accountant, Controller). The role should interest any junior accountant or former finance explorer, or anyone who is looking to cross to the General Ledger, with enthusiasm and a strong work ethic willing to work within a team and grow in a new department servicing the packaging and papers business.
- Timely and accurately prepare Balance Sheet Account reconciliations ready for approval from the Finance Controllers in line with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements.
- Inform controllers of any issues and follow ups, and support conducting and finding solutions for these issues arising from the performance of the Balance Sheet Reconciliations.
- Conduct accurately and timely any month end close activities.
- Ensure appropriate controls are in place for all processes under the responsibility of the team. Co-ordinate with internal and external auditors as required.
- Support the GFS team and local teams by performing intercompany reconciliations and related follow up work.
- Be part of the plant finance team, regular communication, projects and ad hoc analysis.
- Support our business locations by providing information for local business analysis and also supporting the local teams with analysis on business performance and related projects as required.
- Support the GFS Senior Accountants with the design, communication and implementation of accounting activity process optimization and standardization projects.
- Support the development and implementation of standard accounting solutions for EMEA Packaging business.
- Support the Senior GFS accountant with their balance sheet reconciliation review.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent, with ambition to develop a career in Accounting and Finance area.
- 6 months of professional experience in the area of accounting (good understanding of AP/AR or GL processes).
- Experience in non finance departments of International Paper would certainly be considered.
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping.
- US GAAP experience is preferred.
- Good knowledge of MS Excel, and other MS Office tools and applications. SAP experience would be beneficial.
- Fluent English, German as an asset.
- Ability to work as part of a team is essential as well as the ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment with rigid deadlines.
- Ability to accomplish results by acting with the utmost integrity and honesty and executing responsibly.
- Drive for results and ambition to develop within the finance community.
Please, place in your CV the following clause: "I hereby agree for processing my personal data, included in my application for a job, for the purposes of recruitment process, according to the Data Protection Act of 29 September 1997, unified text published in the Polish Journal of Laws (Dziennik Ustaw) of 2002, no. 101, item 926, later amended."