To strengthen our Team in the Carl Zeiss Shared Service in Poznań, we are currently seeking a
General Ledger Accountant
- Perform general ledger transaction processing in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with defined operating procedure standards and audit requirements
- Performs duties in accordance with policies and procedures
- Manages customer’s chart of accounts
- Perform ongoing general ledger accounting, e.g. bank reconciliations, BS/ P&L repostings, intercompany reconciliation and financial reporting
- Maintain the integrity between General Ledger and IC/FA ledgers
- Provides accurate and on-time accounts reconciliation
- Generate defined standard reports and process ad-hoc requests
- Support and conduct period-end processing
- Achieve performance objectives agreed with the assigned team lead
- Resolves problems and trouble-shooting when required
- Contribute to general ledger process improvement initiatives as required
- Perform fixed assets transaction processing in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with defined operating procedures and performance and quality standards
- Prepares/support in preparation of VAT return declaration
- Maintain documentation
- HFM reporting
- Perform other duties as required within general ledger (e.g. payment of travel expenses)
- MA degree in Finance/Accounting
- Min 1,5 years of experience in accounting
- Very good level of English (written and spoken)
- Intermediate level of French ( written and spoken)
- Good knowledge of accounting principles
- Good knowledge and understanding of GL\FA process
- Knowledge of SAP FI or other accounting IT system
- Ability to cope with stress and time pressure.
- Open and easily adopt for new situations and opportunities.
- Is not afraid of complex tasks, however needs assistance to solve the issues
- Nice, friendly personality
With more than 25,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application using the link at the bottom of this page, indicating your earliest possible entry date.